- Privacy and Transparency if a Member is Infected: RCRI has posted guidance regarding the sharing of medical information if a member becomes infected with COVID-19, including coordination with the CDC and health officials, and a temporary waiver of some HIPAA sanctions.
- Chapters and Elections: The Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life (CICLSAL) provided an update on postponing elections and chapters. As of April 2, 2020 until notified, general and provincial chapters may be postponed. Once a new date has been established, notify CICLSAL. In addition, “the mandates of the major superiors and their respective councils are extended until the next celebration of the chapters.” Read the letter here. In addition, RCRI (Resource Center for Religious Institutes) has prepared an FAQ regarding postponing elections and chapters scheduled during this time, as well as additional COVID-related resources on the public part of its website, under “latest news” so the material is available to non-members as well as members. We thank RCRI for this service.
- Stimulus checks and members of religious institutes (RCRI)
Many parishes and other ministries have jumped into livestreaming and posting reflections for the faithful. The simplest version is a message using your mobile phone – either live or posted online. These practical resources will walk you step-by-step into online ministry.
Health Care Resources & Ethical Guidance
- Catholic Health Association COVID-19 website includes guidance on ethical directives for treatment of COVID-19 patients and in times of scarce resources, a webinar on palliative care during this pandemic, and other information that may be helpful for communities managing health-related concerns within your own houses or your ministries.
- The Centers for Disease Control’s COVID-19 website has the latest information and guidance for the general population, faith communities, retirement centers, etc., in the United States, while the World Health Organization offers global guidance.
- Finally, the Diocese of Dallas is offering a downloadable flyer for hand-washing “Catholic style” – in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
Mental and Behavioral Health Resources
These treatment centers are offering resources and information in response to COVID-19. All remain available for consultation and support, with some adapting or changing programs in response to the evolving environment.
In addition, a directory of online AA meetings may be found here.