- Mechanisms to respond promptly to any allegation of sexual abuse.
- Independent review boards, either singly or in union with others.
- Mechanisms of public accountability from outside the leadership of institutes.
- Educational programs for the protection of children and the prevention of abuse.
- More effective methods of intervention, care, treatment and follow-up supervision of members in need of this care.
- Programs of healing, reconciliation and wellness for all those affected by sexual abuse through dialogue with appropriate group
CMSM’s National Board selects Praesidium, recommended by Christian Brothers Services, to implement the goals of 2002 (February) and announces the Hope and Healing Program (launched in 2004).
Standards for Accreditation are published in partnership with Praesidium, Inc.
CMSM launches Instruments of Hope and Healing: Safeguarding Children and Young People, and provides training to 209 religious institutes, societies of apostolic life, and monasteries (August)
First annual Safeguarding Workshop is held for those working in the area of protection of minors and supervision of men removed from ministry